Monday, April 11, 2011

Triumph of the Nerds Pt. 1

Well, I thought it was interesting to get some of the things I had heard about verified and clarified. Like why Silicon valley is called silicone valley and not computer valley (because the silicon chip got it's start there), and other such tidbits. I don;t know exactly what I supposed to do for this assignment. There were some questions on the board in class but to be honest I don't really remember what they were. So in lieu of any set guidelines I just figured I would give my thoughts on the film thus far:
      I really liked seeing how the whole industry got started, and what things were like for PC users back then as well as seeing how the big names got their starts. How the first PC didn't really do anything, but that they found ways to use it anyway, like playing the tune by putting the radio on top of it. That type of innovation and creative thinking is really how things developed to the point they are at now. Some people thought it was boring probably, and I suppose if you knew everything covered or were not interested in the topic it was a bit dry, and dated but I enjoyed it. There were several things covered that escape me as I sit here and type, but that does not mean I didn't absorb it, I'm just a little tired.
      I suppose the point of this whole assignment was to see if we payed attention to the film, and I watched it exclusively that day, but my memory is a fickle thing and can't be relied upon to produce facts from subjective material like a film, but I am fairly confidant I gained from watching the film and am looking forward to the next installment. If you are dissatisfied with my work, that's your prerogative I suppose and I shall have to take whatever judgement you render upon it and me.

Until Monday,  fare thee well

No comments:

Post a Comment